Third straight maximum win keeps club hopes alive

Kirby Bedon were the recent vistors to Kett's park, Wymondham and like Halvergate and Thorpe Marriott went down 8-0 after some resiliant performances, to maintain the three point gap behind Bob Carter at the top of the league. The first session saw R. Steele, J. Sparham and C. Mann beat C. Aggas, P. Watson and J. Aggas 15-10. This was Roger's first match for a while and it did take him time to get into the match. The Kirby triple made the better start to lead 0-3 but the home triple responded with a three and single to lead 4-3 after four ends. Ends six to eight saw the home triple pick up a 1,2,1 to extend their lead to four shots at 8-4 after eight ends. A three and brace on ends ten and elven gave Wymondham a solid 13-4 lead with four ends remaining. Chris played his part in keeping their advatage at this point but a dropped four on end twelve had given Kirby hope and although their triple had not played badly, Roger, Jon and Chris saw the last three ends out to see them win by five shots. On mat 2 M. Linsdell, D. Sparham and J. Pye beat G. Chilvers, T. Oram and J. Brown 25-7. Once again the Kirby triple made the brighter start to lead 0-3 after two ends but Mark, Deb and Jack soon hit form by scoring 3,1,6,5,3,2 to stun the Kirby triple as they trailed 20-3. A change which saw Gerald and Joe swap did see them add four shots but the damage was more than done. 

Second session on mat 1 saw both triples unchanged as M. Linsdell, D. Sparham and J. Pye beat C. Aggas, P. Watson and J. Aggas 19-8. This was a more impressive score by Mark, Deb and Jack who again played well. The early exchanges were tight but end five saw the home side score five shots to see them lead 9-1. Phil swapped with John in an effort to change fortunes for the Kirby triple but they did not make any real impact as both triples were scoring but back to back three's on ends eleven and twelve finally put the match to bed as Wymondham lead 18-6 with three ends to go. On mat 2 R. Steele, J. Sparham and C. Mann beat G. Chilvers, J. Dye and J. Brown 20-7. The Kirby triple again struggled with Jimmy coming in for Tony at two as Roger was on top form at lead for the home triple and gave Jon and Chris little to do but consolidate. Having lead 20-3 after twelve ends the remaining three ends saw Kirby pick up a 1,1,2.